Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Where does the time go?


Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I have been drawing a lot of strength and comfort from these two verses lately and have actively been pursuing embracing more, calm and quiet as a necessary part of my schedule. Do you run your schedule or do you let your schedule run you? I am notorious for this...sometimes living out of two or more planners at a time...trying to juggle every time commitment and forgetting that I can be just as productive by leaving some of those spaces blank in my date/calendar book to simply take a breather. So far this year I have been doing significantly better at this and I think that it has finally clicked in my brain that "Holly Time" or downtime is just as important in my life to being productive.

I have been finding so much joy especially when I get lost in the moment...where time gets away from me...
It's so important to just enjoy where you are, remembering to breathe and count your blessings.
I went walking on my lunch break and got pleasantly distracted by playing on the swings at a nearby playground. The next thing I knew my lunch hour had passed and I had to head back to work.

That got me to thinking, "What are the things, or moments that allow me to lose track of time?". Firstly, I recognized that those moments are when I am involved in something that I actually enjoy! What a concept right?!? I know this might seem like a no-brainer but it's a lot easier said than done sometimes. The second thing that I noticed most often occur when I am able to give it my full attention (tunnel visioning if you will) and refusing to multitask.

Here are a few of my personal "Lose track of time" moments/activities:

A good book
Baking or cooking
(I recently made a lemon, poppy seed and coconut bread and it was a complete success!)

Going to a live performance particularly the ballet, symphony or a musical
Editing photos...or for that matter taking photos
Quilting
Singing...whether for a show or singing during praise and worship at church
Going for a walk or hike on a beautiful day
Gardening
Spending time at the beach
Journaling
and last for this list (but certainly not least) is Painting and drawing

 (A recent attempt at picking my watercolors back up)

What activities or moments allow you lose track of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment