Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Grand Canyon Views

I cannot begin to express how utterly breathtaking and beautiful the Grand Canyon was! Hopefully these pictures will speak for themselves. I am definitely going to be going back and spending much more time here.
I was so happy that I caught this bird in flight! It's been a while since I have picked up my camera and I'm feeling a bit rusty...but hopefully it's like riding a bike. Just gotta dust it off and have fun!

Every step we took along the South Rim of the canyon opened up to a whole new view.

Factor in the sun's placement/time of day, the scenery was in a constant state change. Illuminating rock faces and peaks were constantly being revealed as new shadows surfaces cast their shadows showcasing brilliant shades of color and muted tones simultaneously.

 This trip was so surreal...so special...we couldn't have asked for nicer weather at this time of year. I have wanted to come here for so long and then to finally be here I felt like I needed to pinch myself to make sure it was real!
 We came across this little guy at the information center. Haha! Had to take a picture of him...he looks so happy!
 I feel so fortunate to have been able to share my first trip to the Grand Canyon with the Love of my life. What a way to start celebrate and start the new year!
Snow and layers

 Someone got a hold of my camera.





All along the rim and pathway, various pieces of canyon rock had been cut out and displayed with tags identifying what type of rock/mineral and where in the canyon they came from and this was by far my favorite one. 

 Approaching sunset...yet again the canyon revealed a whole new scene and impression.


Look at that view!!! Oh yea and the canyon and sunset aren't bad either!

With every minute that passed the sun continued lower and dropping with it was the temperature...This picture was my best attempt to not look cold as my Benjamin surprised me by putting himself in this shot. Haha! Gotta love a good photo bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment