Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Is Here!

Yay!!! Spring is here!!
 

The temperature is rising, the sun is out later and later. What a wonderful time of year.



 

 
With all the new beginnings happening around me, this is just encourages me to be as healthy as possible...it's the simple things. I recently discovered that Mio water flavor enhancers have been giving me horrible headaches...as I eliminated these, I saw a tremendous reduction in the amount of headaches that I was experiencing.

 I love the taste of water...but sometimes I find it's helpful to keep motivated to keep hydrating, if there is a refreshing taste to it and I love when it is free from artificial flavorings and calories...It's as simple as adding a few slices of fresh cucumber. Other alternatives are slices of lemon, lime, fresh mint, peppermint, fennel, fruit or a combination of these! The options are endless!
 I recently came across a recipe that was delicious and allowed me to use a delicata squash in a different way than I normally would. They are an amazing alternative to french fries or onion rings.
 
Delicata Rings:
Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
Wash and cut delicata into rings about a 1/3rd of an inch and cut or scrape out the seeds.
In a small bowl add olive oil, oregano, thyme, basil, black pepper and rosemary and wisk.
Spread out the rings in a single layer (no overlapping) onto the baking dish and brush the herbed olive oil mixture over the delicata rings. Bake 10-12 mins and then flip the rings over and bake for another 8-12 mins.
 
Dill Mashed potatoes:
Boil 3-4 whole red potatoes
Mash with a fork, add 1/2 tsp-1tsp of coconut oil
add fresh cut dill and black pepper to taste and ENJOY!

 
On another note Ben just informed me that he bought his plane ticket!!! YAAAAYYYY!
 Is it April yet???




No comments:

Post a Comment