Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baked Pomegranate and Brie Delight

Happy Anniversary my Love! I can't believe that a year has passed by so quickly! 8 visits and thousands of miles flown over the course of the year...I am so blessed to have you in my life! In the spirit of us celebrating our Anniversary we are going to be celebrating this Friday...but leading up to today, this scripture that gets sent to my phone daily was appropriate in the spirit of things.
Keeping up with the topic of all things rich and sweet! I finally tried my hand at a treat that I came across a few years ago at a Christmas party (Thank you Ana!).

It is a pomegranate and brie baked delight and really easy to make!
You will need a wheel of brie, pomegranate seeds and a little brown sugar.

I purchased a whole pomegranate but they are available already seeded at some grocery stores.
An AMAZING tip if you are going to de-seed your own granate...cut it under water!!! It avoids the staining juice from getting all over the place!
Once you have your seeds...heat the oven to 300 degrees ferinhight and shave off as much of the brie outer coating or wax that you can.
Then place the brie on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
Next, cover the top of the brie with a light coat of brown sugar and to the sides too if want.
Add a nice layer of pomegranate seeds.
Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the the brie starts to lose its shape a bit.
 YUM!!!
I transferred mine to a cute sandwich plate (it's nicer if you want to make a better impression).


Serve warm with an assortment of crackers, pretzels or even toasted baguettes or anything else you would like to try!


It's sure to be a crowd pleaser and I would be surprised if there is any left! ENJOY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment