Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Friday, May 3, 2013

It's ON!

The last time that Ben and I got to visit each other, we had a Mac "N" Cheese bake-athon...

You better believe that has a crumbly topping!

This time around we managed to get our drink on... Am I beginning to sense a pattern here, because I am not competitive at ALL!!! Ha ha!

Yup, before heading to the Seattle Aquarium on our day up in Seattle we stopped by the Crabpot bar by the waterfront for an Alaskan Amber Ale...the waiter asked us what size we wanted. A "regular" or a "large" one...unbeknownst to us what we were about to get ourselves into when we replied with "a large"...the next thing we know he brings us EACH a stein with a liter worth of beer..
Well I felt my competitive stomach flip and the next thing I knew I was pacing Ben.
Now mind you I'm 5'6" and I was keeping up with this fellow who is 6'6"+!!!...needless to say I was pretty proud of myself...because as you can see (the stein on the left with less beer is mine!!) which hints at the outcome as I am sure you can imagine...YES I won! I also have to mention that Ben was pretty impressed with my pacing skills.


We did manage to make it to the aquarium and in time for feeding time and it was so fun to watch the otters show their impressive oyster shucking skills as we stood their feeling pretty satisfied ourselves as the effects of our beverages kicked in.
I'm pretty sure this one is feeling rather satisfied after a belly full of oysters for dinner!

 River Otters!

Get "Otter"here!!!!

1 comment: