Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Monday, December 2, 2013

New Recipes for Festivities

By the time I got home it was after 7:30 PM the night before Thanksgiving, so this wonder woman poured herself a glass of wine, rolled up her sleeves and cooked up a storm in my kitchen until well past 1:30AM in preparation for the fast approaching feast.
I love opportunities to try out new recipes and this Thanksgiving was no exception! I certainly put my birthday present/amazing Wonder Woman apron from my brother to good use.

Do you know the difference between dressing and stuffing? I found out recently that stuffing is what is "stuffed" and cooked inside of the bird/turkey (that makes sense), and dressing is what you put along the outside of the bird to "dress" it up after it is carved.

I made a last minute decision to try my hand at a crockpot dressing and looked for one of the simplest recipes I could find...Thank you Pinterest!

My requirements were as follows: Must be simple, easy and delicious!
I found an apple sausage recipe that made my mouth water just reading about it and it ended up being a huge hit with my family. This simple, easy peasy recipe can be found at:


The second new recipe that I tried was a Quinoa (pronounced/sounds like "Keenwa") and Caramelized Butternut Squash and Roasted Brussel Sprouts! YUM YUM YUM!!! I found this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers Kristin

 IowaGirlEats


I love to dress up for the holidays and I love dresses so much!!! Ankle boots, navy blue tights, a belted summer dress with a little navy cardi (was one of my favorite finds from...can you guess? The Goodwill.../we are talking $5.99!) was my Thanksgiving attire for the festivities...I should have closed the tea cabinet door when I struck a quick pose for my picture taking cousin!

I finally got to use my old gravy boat...or in this case a gravy turkey boat! How cute is this little guy!?!? His tail is the ladle. He has been in my family for years and I think that I need to use him more often!

He's just so cute!
My traditional "Angeled" eggs...so the story behind why my family calls them "angeled" eggs instead of deviled...is because my mother didn't like the name...so she called them angeled and the name has stuck with my family ever since...and has been used for as long as I can remember. She used to say they were angeled because there was a white halo from the cooked egg white...but I think she just didn't like the that word "devil". Haha! I love you Mom!

Homemade cherry pie for dessert!

 
And to finish off the night were many rounds of Apples To Apples! I loved some of my cards!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment