Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bells Will Be Ringing

I am getting married! Little miss "independent" has met her match it seems. The Love of my life and I are beginning a journey together and I couldn't imagine not being by his side. I am so excited. He's a sneaky one that Ben of mine and he certainly didn't let me down with this surprise.

He took me for a weekend away to Natchitoches LA, about a week before the Christmas light festival...and the same week that a freezing cold front decided to show it's frosty effects. 

It couldn't have been more perfect really. The cold kept the majority of people indoors allowing a perfect private moment along the waterfront all to ourselves, sipping wine out of a travel coffee mug and trying not to let the freezing cold iron bench overwhelm our senses. Luckily the cold didn't freeze Ben's ability to get down on one knee and cause me to lose it a bit...I turned into an overwhelmed blubbering lady complete with joy filled tears who somehow managed to whisper out my consent.


I am going to be taking his name...how crazy (but crazy awesome!) of a thought is that? When I have spent my lifetime defining my birth name... And now I get to spend the rest of my life on a new journey of self discovery! My word for 2014 was ADVENTURE...and it hasn't let me down.



The fact that these were the two Scripture verses for the day is pretty incredible.

Needless to say I have been in a bit of a daze...I find myself looking at my ring often and it's GREAT! Let's be real here, that's how it is SUPPOSED to be! I mean come on look at this ring!



To close, not only am I beginning to start seeing heart shapes in interesting places (heart in an apple fritter anyone? Oh yes, I totally went into major loveydovey cheese factor...isn't great?)



but I am thanking God every chance I get for putting this Benjamin into my life. I don't deserve you hon but I will give you my best. Thank you for opening my heart and I love you with all of it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled for you Holly! Wish I could be there to celebrate and give you a hug. I'm looking forward to watching and hearing about everything coming together. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete