Nature's Heart

Nature's Heart

Monday, July 1, 2013

Heat Wave ~ Stay Cool!

The first heatwave of the summer has happened in Sunny Washington! It has been high 80's and today it is supposed to get into the low 90's... Well who wants to cook in that kind of heat?!? Not this girl, so it is smoothie time!!!

What better and EASY way to have a nutritious meal that cools you down too, not to mention that it also is a great way to use up produce before it having to throw it out. No one likes to throw money away (at least I hope not)

The ingredients that used for this smoothie:
Spinach
1 tomato
1 avocado
1/2 of a peeled and seeded cucumber
Alkaline powder
Super green powder
Frozen Strawberries/blue/black/raspberry fruit blend
Rice milk (plain/unsweetened)
1 kiwi, peeled

I put in a good amount of spinach first, then layered the cucumber, diced tomato, avocado, Alkaline and Super Green powder and rice milk. I add enough rice milk so that it can blend well.
Time to puree that bad boy!
Looking good so far! That makes me feel healthy just looking at it!
Next add a good amount of frozen berries and the peeled kiwi (to taste). The berries/fruit is what I use to sweeten it up, and TA-DAH! You have a nutritious meal, easy clean up and something to cool you down in the summer months!
I also will fill up some travel cups and stick them in the freezer overnight so that I can take them with me to work in the morning...it takes all morning to defrost so it is ready in time for lunch! Freeze any extra and eat it like a sorbet/icee (as you can see I did in the little jar). Make sure you leave enough room at the top for the smoothie to expand as it freezes or your container can split or crack!

Work out alternative:

I certainly find it hard to work out when it is really hot so I either will work out early in the morning or late evening after dinner...basically I will pop one of these workouts in my DVD player as soon as the house is at it's coolest .

I highly recommend these Ballet Beautiful workouts by Mary Helen Bowers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment